Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Becoming a granny!


Yeah, you guessed it right! I have become a granny .... but lets start at the beginning.


I always said to my daughter to oh please not make a granny of me before I was 40 ... and after I turned 40? I asked her ever so often when I was going to become a granny.


Patience paid off,  Waiting for 9 months to welcome little baby into the world ... and before my 44th birthday, a little girl was born. I was so over the moon with happiness at this little wonder that joined the family.

Rickey and Gareth named her Julie-Ann. My heart was bursting, just thinking about this little girl that was born in her own bedroom, in a water birth pool. The first little gurgle that she made after birth sounded like she was happy to finally meet mom and dad. No tears, no screaming. Just a little gurgle that sounded like a giggle.





A very tired Rickey shortly after the birth took the role of mommy as if she was born to be a mom. Long nights peeped at both her and Gareth, and not to forget little Julie-Ann. Her precious life had just begun. Do all granny's wonder if their child is mature enough to become a parent? I did, and Rickey proved that not only was she mature enough, she was brilliant at being a mom.


Now, lil Bug is a year old, and once again, I am amazed at how quickly the time had passed for all of us. In a short period of 12 months, Bug has grown from a tiny little baby into an amazing one year old!

How I wish that I could be around her more often ... How I miss her and Rickey ... But when I am around, I make the most the time I have with them.




Lil Bug ....



No comments:

Post a Comment